Thursday, November 22, 2007

So Thankful for...

It's not that I don't have faith in man kind. But it's the holidays, people are desperate, and who couldn't use a few extra Benjamin's?? I have a renewed appreciation in honesty, a renewed faith in the everyday people we encounter, and a thankful heart.

If you know me well, you will not be the least bit surprised that I saved my holiday food shopping for the day before thanksgiving. Around noon to be exact, just like the rest of my town from the look of things. Aaron was home with Emma, so I had a sleepy-not-feeling-well Jake on my hands. Drifting in and out of sleep in the shopping cart as I gathered my necessities for a fabulous artery clogging "Fall to you knees Mac & Cheese". (I don't even like mac and cheese, but this is incredible.... I'll try and post the recipe later) So I made my way out to the cart while chatting briefly with my Nana on my cell phone. Load my groceries in the trunk, Andrea does a quick drive by my car to drop me off some things - put a crying Jake in his car seat and so flustered I just shove the cart by the car (not returning it), hop in and head to the bank. As I dig for my ID to drive thru the Bank, I realize my purse is NOWHERE to be found. I pull over and check the back, nope. By Jake's car seat? Nope. Then it hits me. It's sitting in the cart, in the parking lot of Fred Meyer. (Bad words went through my brain though they didn't come out) Frantically I drove back, jumped out - the cart was there but no purse. My phone rang and it was Andrea, she had called customer service for me and someone had turned it in. Now just before heading to the store I had cashed my check from work, so all that cash was sitting inside my unzipped purse. I trudged inside thankful my purse was there but sure that the insides would be gone. I gave the customer service lady a half smile with a tear in my eye, she knew why I was there. She handed me my purse and I looked through it not expecting much. To my amazement and my sincere thank you to whoever found my purse - everything was there. Not one bill or card was out of place. THANK YOU. I AM truly blessed! And a little extra thankful on this Thanksgiving Day!

Have fun eating your turkey's and taters!

2 comments:

duckmomma5 said...

I got a little misty with that one... God is good... and He has placed wonderful people on this earth... good people. I am so glad one of those people found your purse!

Jenny said...

I am so glad miracles still happen! Thanks for sharing your story and letting others know about your answer to prayer!